With the advent of wireless technology, users have become dependent upon the wireless internet. However, certain issues are quite common, which irritates customers, as it stops them from doing their work properly.
Here are some of the most common router issues that are properly answered by the experts of Router Tech Support Services.
If you are looking for tech support companies in Orlando, then you can visit SemTech IT Solutions.
Unable To Connect To The Internet
There can be various reasons due to which your router is unable to connect your system to the internet. However, some basic troubleshooting steps might help to resolve this problem.
• Check that your router is configured for DHCP function, as other functions might be conflicting with your IP.
• Also, check that no electrical device is interfering with your router. Therefore, keep alarms, microwave ovens, etc at a distance from your router.
• Power cycle your router by unplugging and then plugging all the wires connected to the router for a few seconds.
Unable To Open Router Ports
Some functions like IP webcam, FTP server, etc request you open ports. A process called Port Forwarding, which involves the below-mentioned steps:
• Check which ports you want to open for a particular application.
• Open your router’s configuration page by typing the default IP address for your particular router brand. Log in by typing the correct username and password.
• Search for a Port Forwarding button. Enter the application name. Also, type the Start Port and End Port number. Make sure you write the correct number.
• Select TCP as protocol, click on OK.