add share buttons

Find Financial Assistance for Senior Care

Because senior care costs continue to rise, many wonder if they will be able to get their loved ones the help they need. Fortunately, more and more governments and not-for-profit agencies that work to support those in need by financing charges related to the medical requirements and the health of the elderly.

If you’re looking forthebest financial planning for aged care, there is ‘Aged Care Specialists in Victoria’ out there willing to help.

Medicare

Medicare is the first place many people look when attending to senior care costs. As long as you have paid into the program throughout your life, about 48% of the cost of your health will be discussed. The remaining 52% must be covered by private insurance or out-of-pocket. Medicare payments usually begin at age 65, but exceptions are made for people with certain physical or mental disabilities.

Image result for financial consultants

Medicaid

Such as Medicare, Medicaid is a government assistance program that is designed to provide comprehensive health insurance for the elderly. Unlike Medicare, Medicaid is specifically formulated for people with low incomes or limited means. To be eligible, an applicant must establish their age, physical disability, and work history.

For certain eligible recipients, Medicaid pays 100% of the bill surgical procedures, prescriptions, and long-term assistance.

Long Term Care Insurance

Long term care insurance is a type of plan that helps cover costs are usually not compensated by private insurance. This minimizes the financial impact of long-term health care.

Depending on the plan, it may cover assisted living, respite programs, and nursing homes. It is important to take the LTCI plan before health problems arise because most companies will not cover pre-existing conditions.