Are your Wi-Fi-enabled devices connecting to the router rather than the extender? Well, this is a common problem among users using both devices together. If you are dealing with the same problem, then you need to follow the steps given below:
- Turn off Wi-Fi from your devices, wait for a few seconds and then, turn the Wi-Fi back on.
- If you are using a Windows computer, then find a switch to turn off the Wi-Fi.
- If no button is present on the device, then click the ‘Wi-Fi’ icon from the notification area followed by right-clicking the network and finally, select’ Disconnect’.
- You have to perform the same step again, but this time around, you will have to select the ‘Connect’ option.
- When you connect to Wi-Fi, your device will start looking for the most powerful access point using the SSID.
- In case, the method doesn’t work, then you will have to change the SSID on your Wi-Fi Extender. Check the setup guide to do so.
In case, the issue continues to exist, then you will have to check out this link to find out how to fix the problem of Wi-Fi-enabled devices connecting to the router instead of Wi-Fi Extender. You will be able to overcome the problem by going through the webpage.